Pages

Monday 14 April 2008

Nineteenth century society

My blogs so far have concentrated on Chartism, the experience of women in the nineteenth century and the Normans.  Although I still have material on each of these areas that I intend to add to the blog, I intend to spend the next few months considering nineteenth century society in a variety of different ways.  This is preparatory to writing a book on the subject now that I have completed my study of three rebellions: the Newport Rising, the rebellions in the Canadas in 1837 and 1838 and the Eureka Stockade in 1854 that will be published later this year or early next.

The bog will consider a variety of different areas beginning with population and working through the key issues faced by nineteenth century society including education, crime, religion, working conditions and so on.  These general topics will be interspersed with more detailed material on specific topics that interest me and on which I have written papers including some studies of early Romantic poets and their historical significance. 

No comments: